Friends in Astrology or Jyotish are seen from the 11th house of the horoscope. The circles in which one moves.
While counting from the 11th house, the Lagna or Ascendant falls in the 3rd house (representing hands). So one who gives us his/her helping hand in the hour of need is our true friend.
Further, the 11th house is 6th from the 6th house. The 6th is the house of our enemies: So an enemy of an enemy is also a friend.
Mercury is the planet that represents friends in astrology. So he is the Naisargik Karaka for friends for all.
At the Char Karaka level, the Bhrati Karaka of the native represents friends at the soul level in astrology.
To see friends in Astrology, the following Jyotish combinations add up, one by one, to the importance of this beautiful relationship in our lives. Hence our contributions and happiness from friends or companionship increase many folds in the following scenarios.
1. Lagna lord placed in the 11th house is good for friendship in astrology. Lagna lord is the intelligence of the native, he/she is kind of finding his/her existence in friends. These individuals have strong focus on companionship.
2. Placement of the 11th lord in Lagna: It makes friends very attached to the native, especially if the 11th lord is placed in a friendly sign. It shows that friends are shaping the character of the native. If the Ascendant lord and the 11th lord are forming a Jyotish Yoga in a birth chart then it is excellent. There are four type of Yoga in Vedic Astrology, explained in one of article Fundamentals of Yoga in Jyotish.
3. The Sun placed in the sign Gemini in any house is good. The Sun in Gemini is called Mitra Aditya (encouraging friendship, fair play, and just interactions). For Leo Ascendant, the Sun placed in 11 is super duper good. Sun in Gemini, influencing the 11th lord ( when the 11th lord is not combust) encourages the feeling of friendship in Astrology.
4. The Karaka of friends is Mercury, so strong Mercury in any house is good for sportiveness and playful happy relationships with others. Further Mercury influencing the 11th lord or being placed in the 11th house is also good.
5. Strong 11th lord (exaltation, multrikona, own sign, etc.) adds up to the importance of friends in our lives.
6. Placement of the 11th lord in quadrant or trines from Lagna lord is also very good for long-lasting friendship in astrology (when planets are friendly, superb). Further, the Ascendant lord and the 11th lord placed in quadrant trines position from each other is also good for synergy and
7. The planet lording the Tithi, one is born on is the Tithi lord for the native. Tithi represents emotions and relationships in Panchanga.
Tithi lord placed in Jal (water signs) and Bhu (earth signs) Tatwa Rashis also promote a good sense of relationship in general with all.
8. Placement of Bhratra Karaka (BK) in quadrants and trines from Atma Karaka (AK), helps establish long-lasting trustful friendship in astrology at the Soul level. Also good for harmonious rapport with one’s Guru.
9. Placement of Mitra Pada (A11) in quadrant and trines from Arudha Lagna (AL), creates active physical situations to have friends in our existence.
So, love, honor, and respect your friends and enjoy the bliss of their lasting support in your life.
ॐ घृणिः मित्र आदित्य | OR Aum Grini Mitra Aditya | is a faboulas Mantra of Sun God to attract and have good friends in life.
Astrology Video Lesson: Favorable Jyotish Combinations That Foster Friendship in the Birth Chart (English)
-If you would like to read about enemies, and competitors then you need to comprehend the role of the 6th house & its lord in a horoscope. Information regarding Dhimantha & Jai Yoga in Jyotish is also given on this link: Enemies, competitors, and weakness.